Key West spans a mere seven square miles, measuring about four miles long and just over a mile wide. That’s not a lot of room for cars, trucks, and other vehicles. It’s still a bit much for walking, though. The solution? Key West electric car rentals—they’re affordable, easy to drive, and small enough to get around the island with ease.
You’ll probably find yourself doing at least some walking around Key West, for which you can just park the car. Or you can rent a car one day and go walking or biking the next to ensure that you see the island in all of its beauty up close and personal. In any case, it’s going to make your vacation much more enjoyable:
- You can get an electric car rental with two, four, or six seats, so there’s room for whoever you bring along. On your honeymoon? Take a romantic ride down to Mallory Square for the sunset. Or load up the six-seater with the family and take a cruise around the island on Highway 1.
- Electric cars are more economical and environmentally friendly than gasoline-powered vehicles, including scooters, mopeds, and motorcycles. You’ll be doing your part to help keep Key West’s air fresh and save money on gas and the rental itself.
- Some places in Key West can’t be reached except by vehicle or boat. For example, if you’re staying at a resort on Stock Island, you’ll need a ride across the A1A to get to Key West proper, including Old Town, Smathers Beach, and tons of other places to see.
- You can book your rental in advance or decide when you arrive that you’d like to cruise around town in true Key West style. Of course, if you’re traveling during the busy season, we always suggest a reservation, but there are some instances where same-day availability is an option.
- Riding bikes can be fun, but it’s also a lot of work. You’re on vacation. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the views as you ride around the island instead! An electric car allows you to enjoy the Key West weather without having to put in the effort.
- Key West has limited parking and very strict rules about it. Fortunately, because of the island’s size and laid-back vibe, there is plenty of parking for electric golf carts and similar vehicles. You’ll always find somewhere to put your electric car while you’re exploring, which means one less thing to worry about.
Key West is all about relaxing and taking a minute to enjoy life. It’s filled with beautiful land and seascapes and plenty of things to do. What better way to enjoy it than in your own electric car? Whether you’re traveling with the family or even on a solo trip, you’ll thank yourself for not having to walk back to the hotel after a long day of exploring and sightseeing. Book your electric car rental today to make your visit perfect! Also, check out our website to learn more!